PADI Dive Master Course
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What You Can Teach?
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
The PADI Divemaster crewpak includes the following but is provided in the course price:
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment.
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Scuba Tune-Up Guidebook
- DSD Cue Card
- Pro Logbook
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Divemaster course.
This course is typically spread over 4 – 6 weeks, as it requires class time, pool time and a minimum of 2 open water trips. However, we are able to offer our students a more expanded schedule to meet your time requirements and personal schedule needs. Due to testing and the requirement of direct supervision, ScubaLessonsJax may only offer this course to smaller group sizes, sometimes as small as 1 student
ScubaLessonsJax offers our Divemaster course as an all-inclusive package, meaning that all study materials are included in the course price, as well as pool sessions and open water trips. Total price is only $999.00 – fees can be payed as 3 easy installments.